Reflecting on the last year, I feel proud of the accomplishments of our government. Here are just a few of the initiatives and investments made in 2022 to support and deliver for New Brunswickers:
• Atlantic Immigration Pilot became permanent to attract workers and drive economic growth – building on the success of making over 9,800 job offers, and 90% of applicants are still living in the area.
• We announced an early learning and childcare agreement with the province of New Brunswick, committing to invest over $492 million over 5 years to create $10/day care by the end of 2025-26, and create an additional 3,400 spaces.
• We invested over $18.5 million in the Under One Sky Friendship Centre. This beautiful facility will be a gathering place to strengthen connections and ensure a safe place for everyone to come together and celebrate Indigenous culture and knowledge and offer a variety of services.
• We invested $55 million to bring high-speed Internet to nearly 11,000 households throughout New Brunswick.
• Five projects in New Brunswick will receive up to $730,985 in funding over the next three years through the Habitat Stewardship Program for Species at Risk.
• Through the Veteran and Family Well-Being Fund, we are investing in innovative projects in New Brunswick to help with things like transition, mental health and housing, totalling $525,000 in new investments in 2021-2022.